- Advert number: 209602-0
- Posted Date: 13/07/09
- Closing Date: 31/08/09
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
The world’s most respected
organization now opens its doors to you
For over a century, The Hong Kong Jockey Club has been a pioneer in the realms of sports entertainment, membership services and community work. Now, our vision is set on the future. To be a world leader in sports and entertainment and to enrich the community at the same time. If you share such passion and have the international expertise we seek, then a world of opportunities awaits you. Apply now to the vacancy listed below and give your career the edge it deserves.
Junior Equestrian Veterinary Surgeon (Ref: JEVS)
The Department of Veterinary Clinical Services is based at the Sha Tin racecourse and provides clinical care to all horses in the Hong Kong SAR, including a large population of Thoroughbreds in race training and horses and ponies at eleven riding schools.
You will work closely with senior colleagues to provide:
• clinical care of retired racehorses in the Club and all other horses in the eleven riding schools in Hong Kong;
• veterinary assistance and support for the promotion and development of Equestrian sports in Hong Kong;
• assistance in the assessment and retraining of retired Thoroughbred racehorses; and
• veterinary support for the Clubs horses that have been relocated to Mainland China and elsewhere in Eastern Asia.
The post will provide opportunity to further develop and express your skills as an equine clinician in a unique working environment. You will be encouraged to further develop yourself by training within the Department and attendance at appropriate international conferences. You will be part of a close team of experienced clinicians with access to excellent hospital facilities.
Ideally, you should:
• have a degree recognised by the Veterinary Surgeons Board of Hong Kong;
• have minimum one years clinical experience, with an equine component;
• possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• be enthusiastic to learn; and
• be willing to work out-of-hours duties as required
For further details about the posts, you may contact Dr Chris Riggs, Head of Veterinary Clinical Services by phone: (852) 2966-6891 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Dan Humphrey, Senior Equestrian Veterinary Surgeon, by phone (852) 2966-6872 or email: email@example.com.
Closing Date of Application 31st August 2009
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. An initial 3-year contract will be offered to successful candidate. Further contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 6/F, Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, New Territories, Hong Kong; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (852) 2966-6984.
Come join us at www.hkjc.com
We are an equal Opportunity employer Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Clubs notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon requested.